Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm in Encino, is seeking a Tax Manager to join our team of dedicated professionals. The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee client service work in the areas of business management and taxation.
- Preparation and review of complex, multi-state tax returns (individual, S corporation, C corporation, partnership, estate and trusts)
- Stay abreast of changing state and federal laws, policies, economic/political climate which may affect clients’ finances
- Supervise and review staff accountant’s preparation of moderately complex tax returns
- Conduct tax research and multi-jurisdictional planning
- Act as a coach and trainer to develop staff members into efficient and effective client team members, and address performance issues and concerns as needed
- Assist partners in identifying and onboarding prospective clients
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and taxation for high net-worth individuals
- Excellent communication skills (in person, on the phone, and via email)
- Sense of urgency and demonstrated ability to follow through
- Commitment to professionalism and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; Masters in taxation preferred
- Active CPA license highly preferred
- Experience with Datafaction and GoSystems software is highly preferred
- Prior exposure to royalties, touring services, music publishing and record label administration is highly preferred
This is an exempt position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance.
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All roles are ideally for the Encino or Century City offices, remote to start, but we are also open to NY (Manhattan or White Plains).
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman ("GRF") is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.
Please submit application to email@example.com