Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, a top entertainment business management firm in Century City, is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team of dedicated professionals. The ideal candidate will have general accounting with at least 5-7 years of individual, partnership, and or corporate tax experience. Responsibilities will include tax projections, tax preparations and tax research.
- Prepare individual, corporate (S corp and C corp), partnership, estate, trust, fiduciary, and exempt organization tax returns
- Review General Ledger and reports to assist in preparation of tax projections
- Perform tax research and planning, as needed, to solve client’s tax issues
- Correspondence regarding tax notices, jurisdictional issues and/or tax audits
- Prepare closeouts for loan-out corporations and analyzing payroll withholding requirements for federal and state
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports that may include net worth statements, cash flow schedules, meeting packages, budgets, investment analysis, tour reconciliations, etc.
- Assist with state, local and international tax clearances for touring artists
- Assist client service team with other projects, as necessary
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years in preparation and/or review of individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Organization skills with attention to detail
- Capability to learn new systems and process information quickly
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and QuickBooks
- Familiarity with Datafaction is a plus
- Familiarity with ProSystem or GoSystems is a plus
- Undergraduate degree is required
- CPA is highly preferred
This is a non-exempt position. Salary is competitive based on experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, 401(k), a generous paid time off policy and up to ten paid holidays per year. We offer a diverse and employee-friendly environment with great work/life balance.
Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All roles are ideally for the Encino or Century City offices, remote to start, but we are also open to NY (Manhattan or White Plains).
About Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
Founded in 1967, Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman ("GRF") is a leading full-service business management firm for an exclusive assortment of entertainers, executives and select high net worth individuals. Our 30 partners and over 500 staff members deliver comprehensive financial services in the fields of music, motion pictures, television, sports, literature and other creative and performing arts. Our firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, San Rafael, Wilmington and London.
Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org