The mission of the Director of Client Services is to lead all aspects of the client services department and serve as the senior member of each client’s business management team. This includes directly providing services to clients, scaling systems and processes, and growing an internal team to serve Leftbrain’s rapidly expanding client roster.
- Create, implement, and monitor systems to ensure service quality during exponential growth phase.
- Grow Client Services team from 5 to 30 client service professionals (bookkeepers, assistant business managers, royalty coordinators, tax accountants, and business managers) within 24 months. Hire and train employees, cultivate teams, and build systems to manage rapid personnel growth.
- Onboard 100 additional clients within 24 months.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on business management for the Product team, providing the insight needed to build out new products for business managers.
- Maintain an NPS above 80 across the client roster.
Note: This is not a sales position. The Director of Client Services will not be expected to recruit new clients; they will participate in the final presentation to potential clients and oversee the onboarding process.
Values & Competencies
Embrace Leftbrain values:
● Transparent: You are transparent with clients and teammates, even when you make mistakes.
● Innovative: You pursue better ways of solving problems — even when that means more work or doing something that’s never been done before.
● Proactive: You seek opportunities for improvement. When you see a problem, you take ownership and relentlessly pursue a solution.
● Empathetic: You consider the thoughts, feelings, and experiences of others. You treat everyone with the same level of care and respect regardless of their role or level of success.
● Empowering: You empower clients to take ownership of their finances, giving them the tools to make sound financial decisions and build wealth.
Embody the competencies needed for the role:
● Strategic: You are able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
● Organized: You have the operational expertise to plan, organize, schedule, and budget effectively. You are driven by strategy and live by OKRs and KPIs.
● Efficient: You’re able to produce significant output with minimal resources.
● Integrity: You don’t cut ethical corners. You do what is right no matter what.
● Leadership: You have proven experience and skill in building high functioning teams. People enjoy working with you.
● Strong work ethic: You work hard and have a sense of urgency.
● Communication: You are articulate, direct, and empathetic in your communication with clients and teammates.
● Teamwork: You consistently work to help your team even when it doesn’t benefit your immediate goals.
● Humility: You recognize good ideas can come from anywhere and you’re not above rolling up your sleeves to accomplish any task.
● 8+ years of music business management experience
● 4+ years of experience leading a team
● CPA License (preferable)
● $500K+ book of business
● Position is based in Los Angeles, CA
What’s in it for you
● Competitive salary, bonus structure, & benefits
● A culture that empowers you to improve processes and invent new ways of doing business
● Opportunity to accelerate your business management career in a rapidly growing tech startup
● Career growth tied to excellence in your role, not your ability to recruit new clients
Leftbrain is a fintech company serving the entertainment industry. Its mobile application for financial data gathering and analytics gives artists and their teams the tools to make informed business decisions.
Leftbrain’s in-house business managers use its technology and the Leftbrain Royalty Tool to provide better accounting and operational service to entertainers than has ever been possible. The app receives average NPS scores of 100 among end users.
Leftbrain quadrupled its client roster in 2020 and is on track to double their client roster size again in 2021. More than 80 percent of artist managers with at least one client on Leftbrain go on to refer additional clients within 6 months. The company was founded in 2019 and has offices in Los Angeles and Chicago. For more information, visit www.useleftbrain.com